"I'm not fat. I'm big-boned..." - Cartman (South Park)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chinggay Andrada


I've always been a fan of Chinggay Andrada. From a Monster Radio DJ, an FHM Cover Girl, host, model to television fitness guru, Chinggay has reinvented herself countless times and has succeeded in everything she set her mind to.

Last year, I had the chance to work with her while still handling part of the Marketing of Skechers as we tapped her to be one of the fitness brand ambassadors. After the launch of Skechers PROSPEED in Fitness First Trinoma, she actually asked me to do exercises in the Trinoma hallway in full view of everyone --- I couldn't understand what she wanted me to do!

But to my surprise, she got down on the floor and demonstrated to me what I was supposed to do while some curious onlookers were actually there calling out her name. I suppose the people realized that Chinggay is the same Coach Chinggay in the Biggest Loser Philippines --- I mean what they see on TV is actually how she is in real life --- the way she would bark orders, how strict she was and at the same time how she always has a ready smile to put you at ease.

Hopefully sometime soon, I do get the chance to work with her again.

By the way in the photo, am wearing my loose jeans (A BIG NO NO!), my too tight Fred Perry copycat bought in Greenhills (some said tama lang ang fit) and my size 11 Skechers Prospeed which I do use for running, and my SOMA watch (feeling sporty again).

No comments:

Post a Comment