"I'm not fat. I'm big-boned..." - Cartman (South Park)

Friday, January 13, 2012

Whatever happened to BIG MEN?

There used to be a great store for plus-sized guys in Shangri-La EDSA mall and SM North EDSA Annex called BIG MEN up until 2008. Sadly they're no longer in existence.

The quality of their clothes really was exceptional. I've been using all the stuff (slacks, jeans, polo shirts, button downs and short sleeved polos) I bought from them for the past ten years and they're still great give or take a few pieces that got worn out. I followed the advice of my friend who told me to stick to classic cuts and designs so they never grow old in terms of look.

Nowadays it's a challenge really to find the same quality of clothes for us BIG MEN. The SM Department Store version called MAX WEAR really isn't up to par in terms of design and quality (more on MAX WEAR later on).

Whatever happened to BIG MEN? Tsk tsk tsk...

I'll soon be publishing a list of the brands as well as the boutiques that are "fat-friendly", so check back from time-to-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment