"I'm not fat. I'm big-boned..." - Cartman (South Park)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Untucked

I've always tried to get away wearing my tops un-tucked since I do believe that the mirror doesn't lie at all when I see how wide I am. I've always been big but the problem really is not that my gut sticks out whenever I tuck my shirts in, it's more of how wide I look.

So how does one wear an un-tucked shirt whether they be polo shirts or button down shirts?

A good friend of mine gave me these two tips:

TIP NUMBER 1: An un-tucked shirt should sit in the region from a little below your belt line to halfway down your ass. Any higher and your butt crack will show. Any lower and it is way too long.

A good measurement really is, the hem or bottom of the shirt should sit either right above the top of your back pocket or a little under the top pocket.

TIP NUMBER 2: If you are going to wear your shirt un-tucked especially in the office, try and go for the square-hemmed shirts as they offer a more finished, more sophisticated look than normal curved shirt hems.




No comments:

Post a Comment