"I'm not fat. I'm big-boned..." - Cartman (South Park)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Comfort Food Series - TOP 10

I have had a score of food that never fails to comfort me especially when facing a very tough day in the office. When I transferred to my new job late last year, I discovered ARMY NAVY.

Since last September I would order the same thing and pay the same Php210.00 for my lunch. My comfort food ranked 10 would be the basic burger and an order of onion rings and loads and loads of the GARLIC SAUCE! (The ARMY NAVY Garlic Sauce deserves its own blogpost - that's how great it is!).

What I like best about the burger are the following:






  1. Tastes like real meat not the longganiza-tasting Jollibee burger and the cardboard-tasting McDonalds burger (which I still like by the way).
  2. Juicy
  3. Vegetables are fresh
  4. When they say the burger patty is grilled, you can actually see it sizzle on the grill
What I like least:
  1. It seems like the burger has been shrinking the past so many months
  2. The juices of the burger drench the bread sometimes making the bread too soggy to hold --- probably the price one has to pay for real, grilled, fresh beef.
As for the onion rings, well at least you can still taste the onions and not like the Burger King onion rings that taste like batter.

Oh, did I mention the great Garlic Sauce! One thing though, the Shaw Boulevard branch near my office has gotten very stingy with it. They just used to give me the dispenser and use the sauce to my heart's content but last Friday, they told me point blank na "bawal na raw" when I asked for my usual (reserved for those who order burritos I suppose). BOOOOO!

Oh by the way, go buy yourself a 500ml Coke in the PET bottle...the more than Php40.00 can of Coke seems like a rip-off when you think that the 40 bucks could have well bought you a Coke LITRO.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great detailed review! :) Now I'm craving for one :)

    ReplyDelete