"I'm not fat. I'm big-boned..." - Cartman (South Park)

Monday, February 20, 2012

MEGA Young Designers Competition 2012 Grand Finals


I miss going out to attend events especially now that I have a baby but luckily last February 16, friends from MEGA invited me to attend the 20th Anniversary of MEGA as well as the Young Designers Grand Finals at the NBC Tent.

One thing really hit me while watching the designs of the finalists --- the way modern pop culture, online games, anime as well as the overall influence of Japanese manga and Japanese fashion have on the Pinoy youth was very evident in the designs presented by the finalists.


Not that there was anything bad about it at all but I'm a bit worried that some of the clothes presented by the finalists were what you would see one lazy Sunday afternoon in Megamall during a COSPLAY event.

But in fairness to the winner Renan, he did present a modern, edgy, and most importantly "wearable" collection.

If I had a size 34 waistline and if I were even just 50 pounds lighter and 15 years younger I would want to wear clothes that he would design since I did love the jacket that he wore (last picture below).



But what do I know, I'm not a high fashion sort of person...so I'll just stick to my everyday fashion stuff.


Oh by the way I did get away with wearing my pink button down long sleeve, black jacket and dark jeans but vowed to myself that I would be going to the tailor soon and getting myself a decent suit and pants for such events.

1 comment:

  1. Your so lucky! Its one of my dreams to visit and watch a fashion event or any event that links to clothes. We do here in Davao but dont have any friends who are interested to go! hahahahaha

    http://misexperienciaspersonales.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete